Monday, September 22, 2008

Who wants to be a Millionaire?

Yesterday, I went into the city and watched the ING Direct Cycling Criterium. I didn't know what that was either. Apparently, a criterium, or crit, is a type of bike race held on a short course (usually less than 5 km), often run on closed-off city centre streets. My BF is into cycling, he wanted to go, and it ended up being a really fun day. The weather was awesome, the race was fun to watch and we ended up getting free cute, little orange cow bells. Very cool. I took a quick video of the final two laps, the annoying high picked noise is everyone ringing their cow bells like a bunch of maniacs. Can anyone say, "More cow bell?"

On our way back to Virginia we ended up going past a condo building my BF had been telling me about, The Odyssey in Arlington. He can see it from his office and really thought it looked cool. So we drove around it and then found out they were having an open house. So we thought, why not pretend like we were able to afford the place and go inside. It was crazy! The one unit we went to was 1.2 million dollars.... Yeah, Million! For a two bedroom condo. It was insane. The whole one side of the unit was windows and it overlooked DC. It was so pretty. But my favorite part was the kitchen. The appliances were amazing and the whole layout was so open. If anything the whole experience just made me sad that I'm "poor" and can only afford a condo one sixteenth that price.

We did go to a more affordable unit. It was an efficiency, but the layout was again, really open. It didn't feel like a studio at all. Only problem was it was going for $349k, which I felt was a bit much for a condo. Ok and also out of my price range. But it was really cool! Oh well, I guess I will have to eventually come back to earth and maybe look at things within my budget.

No comments: