Sunday, September 16, 2007

Friday Night

I had a date after work on Friday. I'm slightly embarrassed to say I met the guy on the Internet, but there you go. He was nice and we shared a glass of wine, some pizza and conversation. It wasn't a horrible date, but I didn't really feel any sparks either. I guess it has been awhile since I've been on a date and I still haven't gotten used to dating again. I will say this, it was nice to meet a guy who seemed nice.

Dating in DC is an interesting experience. My friends and I have noticed that there seem to be a LOT of gay guys in the DC Metropolitan Area. Also, if the guys aren't gay they are very metro and might make you question their gayness or straightness. I have no problems with the gay boys, but I'm a single girl and I would like some dates too, please!

I don't really ask for much (I don't think) in my romantic endeavors, but I do have some guidelines. I would like to find a straight (likes girls), funny (actually makes me laugh, not just himself), straight (has less hair products than me), nice (non-jerk, non-self absorbed, non-a*hole), straight (doesn't shop at stores I can't afford like Burberry), good looking (not people say I might be sort of someone you possibly could think of as slightly cute), and possibly interested in dating me (not just kiss me and then never call). Actually the last one is only half true. I would like a guy just to be interested and don't really need him to call, unless it is to make out again. I think I could really enjoy a "relationship" where we are just friends who occasionally kiss. Because I like kissing and I don't get to enjoy that as much as I would like to. I don't really need all the relationship stuff that goes with the kissing, just kissing (good kissing). Is that wrong? Am I the only one who feels that way?

Wow, you would think after that description I've dated a lot of guys to later discover they preferred the company of boys. But I haven't, I've just dated way too many metro-type guys.

No comments: