Tuesday, September 11, 2007

It's a Rich Man's World?

Have you ever made a decision where you thought afterwards, “Maybe that wasn’t the right choice”?

Recently, I was offered a job which paid a bit more (ok a lot more) than my current employment. The only problem was that the actual job wasn’t really what I was looking for and didn’t seem like something I wanted to do anymore. So I turned them down.

Don’t get me wrong, it is really nice to be offered a big bunch of money. I could do a lot of things with that money…. Pay off debts, go on vacation, buy new shoes, fill up a big vault and go swimming in my money on the weekends…. It wouldn’t be bad.

But money isn’t everything. What about looking to have a career that you feel is fulfilling and worthwhile? What about my dreams and happiness?

Is it too much to ask for someone to pay me to do something I truly enjoy doing?

No comments: