Friday, April 20, 2007

Dear Hokies

The other day I was reading my friend's blog entry about the Virginia Tech tragedy and I felt as though I should write something. But I felt a little silly and as though I would be a fraud for saying something since I wasn't personally effected by the shooting. I don't know any of the victims and any alumni of VT that I might know, I probably haven't spoken to them in a long time.

But then I was watching the news last night. They were showing pictures of the victims, their friends and family were saying a few words about the loved ones lost. I started to get a little teary eyed and thought about when I was in school and how horrible it would have been if that would have happened to me or my friends. Then I realized that I wouldn't be a fraud for saying something, because that could have been anyone and it shouldn't have happened in the first place.

So I guess all I'm saying is that, I'm wearing my orange and maroon today and that my thoughts and prayers are with you all.

No comments: